Sunday 21 October 2012

Sunday 21st October (Week 3)

With the prospect of playing no football over the weekend and the lack of a certain person being around (still), I turned my attention to sleeping... with a bit of running on the side. Friday night was a write off however as I was invited out on the town with the Simmonds crew for some end of week drinks. I think Julie was competing with everyone else with the drinking as this photo shows:



But anyway, Saturday brought us the visit of Middlesbrough...

Yep, I'll move on...

And Sunday, running had to be met with pride... and it was! A nice 10 hour lie in and I was ready and raring to go. The weather was beautiful: light rain and a reasonable wind, perfect for a jog (pronounced yog). After a little stretch, I began running, having no idea of where I wanted to go or how long I wanted to take. With QPR v Everton on TV, I didn't mind being out for a while...

But today was very successful, I just kept going! For miles! 

And it appears that I passed people I knew today (nothing like a bit of encouragement)...

  • Hi Andy and Karen, I didn't see you, but thanks for waving.
  • Hi Man in Orange Mini, thanks for the support and the wave and honk, but I didn't see who you were.
  • Hi People on Speldhurst Hill, I'm sorry for running past your pub on a Sunday afternoon, thanks for the advice/abuse (not sure which it was).

But yes; the running was sublime. 8 miles, 95 minutes. Really bloody sore now though... not my legs but my shoulders, apparently running is all in the arms...

After the love I received after the last edit, I have brought you this lovely picture... it's from the thoughts I had today about the worrying prospect of having to wee/poo during the marathon...


I should probably go before I start running, and avoid a Vindaloo the night before...

Anyway, as always:


Route for Wednesday Week 3: 8.07 miles, 95 minutes.
Estimated Marathon Completion Time: 5 hours 30 mins (fingers crossed)


No comments:

Post a Comment